This page is about a character who is meetable on Club Penguin Rewritten.
Herbert Percival Bear, Esquire is a mascot in Club Penguin Rewritten. He is a polar bear and the main antagonist of the island (since his first appearance in mission 5). He is also one of the few main characters who is not a penguin.
Unlike a typical polar bear, Herbert hates cold weather. He also cannot swim and is a vegetarian. Since his first appearance, Herbert has been trying to take over the Club Penguin Island and turn it into a warm island paradise with his partner Klutzy.
By meeting him, you obtain a free background and stamp.
In May 2017, he was awoken from hibernation when Klutzy stole Gary's mystery invention from the Gadget Room, which exploded on arrival in his lair, causing his lair to fill with water. The water caused Herbert to break free, which freed him from his hibernation status. He was then seen in floating in the ocean, as seen in Rock-a-bye Herbert.
Herbert next appeared during the Battle of Doom where he had stolen the Hydra used in the Medieval Party to damage the Everyday Phoning Facility. During this time, players could access the EPF Rooftop in which they would spot Herbert who unveils his plan, then proceeds to attack the player with his Hydra Bots. The battle was very similar to fighting the Hydras at the end of Ye Knight's Quest III during the Medieval Party 2017.
- At the day the database got leaked and the hacker got into mascot's account, the hacker also logged in as Herbert for a short time, which gave everyone the Herbert P. Bear stamp, the staff didn't want this and planned to remove the stamp for the users that obtained it during the event.
- Herbert is the first and only known polar bear in Club Penguin Rewritten.
- During his first in-game appearance near the end of the Halloween Party 2017, his background and stamp were intentionally disabled.
- Herbert's favorite kind of pizza is seaweed pizza.
- Also, he is a vegetarian.